Join us at York Ford in Saugus, MA on Saturday December 3rd for our Adoption Showcase!
We are thrilled to be hosting in-person adoption events through the end of 2022. This event will take the place of a virtual showcase in the month of December and will be held inside the York Ford dealership. Our adoption check-in lines may be formed outside the building, weather permitting so please dress for the weather. Out of respect for all volunteers we ask that you wear a mask if not fully vaccinated. Please also wear a mask if you are more comfortable doing so!
Please review how this adoption event will run and then come meet our amazing adoptable dogs in person!
1. Complete a Last Hope K9 Rescue Adoption Application. *If you are interested in adopting you must submit an application in advance of the event. During the event, only potential adopters with applications on file will be able to enter the adoption event space* The LHK9 adoption application can be accessed here: https://petstablished.com/adoptions/personal-information?application_type=Adopt&donation_section=false&form_id=1836&form_type=generic&generic_form_id=1836&pet_id=41469§ion=1&selected_pets=false
*Consider your application status prior to the event*
2. Fully approved adopters can enter the event at 12pm
3. Adopters with applications in process can enter the event at 1pm.
4. You must submit an application online, in advance of the event, in order to meet the adoptable dogs in attendance.
5. All dogs will be available for deposits, and based on your application status as well as meeting additional pets & family members, you may be able to adopt a dog and bring the pup home that day! If you are fully approved and plan to bring a dog home that day, please remember to bring a 6ft leash (this does not include flexi or retractable leashes).
6. *New Process Improvement*
To help ensure we have enough time to process all adoptions & deposits, all contracts must be initiated by 1:45pm (15 minutes before the event ends)
7. Visit the “Discussion” on our Facebook event page to see the list of dogs attending. We will post a list of the dogs THURSDAY evening on December 1st and keep it up to date until the event!
Important notes about meeting your furever family member:
– ALL kids under 5 will need to be in strollers or held for safety. We are happy to bring a dog you would like to meet out of the event space so there is more room to meet them.
– If you are bringing your family to this event, we have a few spaces reserved for dogs who appreciate slow introductions to new people and places. Children under the age of 16 will not be able to walk through every section of the adoption event. Having a second adult join your family can be helpful as children must be supervised at all times.
– If you are bringing your dog to this event, and wish to meet our adoptable dogs, please bring a second person with you to hold your dog while you meet our adoptable dogs in the adoption event space. Only the adoptable dogs will be permitted inside the event space.
– We understand that many families have vacation plans throughout the year. If you have a trip coming up, or some members of the home are traveling for more than 1 week, please wait to inquire about adoption until after everyone has returned. This applies to anyone who lives in the home including pets and humans: children, any family members, roommates. If you fall in love with a dog and want to put a deposit on that dog during the event, you will have 7 days to welcome them home once your application is approved. This means, all members of the home must be able to meet the dog during that 7-day period. We are not able to hold dogs during vacations and we will not send dogs to a new home if there is upcoming travel scheduled
Deposit info: Dogs attending events are available for deposits. Deposits can only be done at events in person and will hold the dog while an application is processed or until they can meet all animals and people in the home, which must happen with 7 days. The deposit is non-refundable, but does come off of the total adoption fee if the dog is adopted.
Thank you for your support, we look forward to seeing you on Saturday December 3rd!